Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recreating Reality…Well Sort of….


One of our local nurseries had some gorgeous begonias blooming under their oaks. I snapped a photo because I thought they would be great to use as a template for making some new paper flowers. I loved the darker edges to the begonias so I wanted to recreate that in paper.




When my first set of Copic Markers (Sea and Sky)arrived I dove right in and started playing around with them. Had no idea how to use them! They are alcohol based markers and all "the rage" with everyone from card makers to professional artists. I just started coloring white muffin cups making
darker edges and lighter brighter interior petals with my markers so they looked like the begonias. I was making the grouping below for my golf instructor's wife whose favorite colors were blue and green…. Remember, I started with white inexpensive muffin cups.








I added some bling with the rhinestone wedding picks I got at Hobby Lobby…The black vase is I chose for the arrangement is an Eiffel Tower, which I found at HL. I love the contrast of the black, blue and green. The little petals are tissue paper cut in the shape of leaves, then pieced into the stems and secured with florist tape.



Can you see the butterfly? She has two layers which gives her dimension…both layers made with my Big Shot, then colored with Tim Holtz distress ink, and highlighted with glitter and little jewels for the body.




So there you have it! 
A recreation of the real deal…well at least,
Sort of like the real deal!
Mother Nature has me beat big time.




No comments:

Post a Comment