Friday, December 25, 2015

The Best Christmas Ever

For so many reasons, this is my best Christmas. I have been healed from a terrible fall and broken wrist which needed surgery and a metal plate. I didn't hurt my back or neck. I am not paralyzed. I can see the blessing of protection and constant care that my Father has provided each and every day. 

I mean, how many people injured in the middle of the forest get taken 
to a hospital miles away by 2 complete strangers? 
I did. 

Who gets to open their front door to a stranger and have that stranger offer 
to pray for their hand to be healed? 
I did. 


Who has a sweet French neighbor like Marie, a watercolor artist, who brings to the door, hot, homemade quiche,  stuffed artichokes with béchamel sauce, chicken pot pie, potato leek soup, salad Niciose, and ratatoulli because cooking with a cast isn't possible? 
I did.

Who gets stopped by a stranger walking in the park with encouraging words...
"I broke my wrist too. Don't worry. You'll heal. I did. Look my scar is barely visible."
I did. That happened to me. 

So here it is. My best Christmas ever. 
I can use my hand to make cards and banners and dinners and garland for parties.




No comments:

Post a Comment