Saturday, July 11, 2020

My Next Project: I am not afraid



I found this silver charm on Etsy today. I think I have to have it to make my next bracelet!



The notation said it was from Joan of Ark so I looked it up:

As Joan of Arc was leaving Vaucouleurs to begin her mission to save France she was asked by a women: "How can you make such a journey when on all sides are soldiers?" to which Joan responded: 

"I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!" 

The original in French is: "Je n'ai pas peur des soldats, car ma route m' a été ouverte, et si les soldats viennent, j'ai Dieu, mon Seigneur, qui saura comment libérer la route qui mène à Sieur le Dauphin. C'est pour cela que je fus nais." 

From the website Maid of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment